

These 2 sets are my FAVORITE!! Of course the cupcakes would be LOL! but I love the birds and owl on the other set - I also just ordered some stamps from Verve Visuals. I just had to have it after I saw Amber's cards that she made with it. Someday, I promise I will learn how to make the link just say one word LOL!
NEW LAYOUTS
BASKETBALL SUPERSTAR
The girls and I also had some great crafting time together over Easter. We altered some frap bottles for gifts. Sarah didn't get to make any because she was working and homework, but I guess I could just drink some more so she can have some bottles to work with LOL!!



And of course I have been reading as well!! When don't I??!! I can't wait for this one - The Hollow by Nora Roberts. It is the 2nd book of the Signs of Seen Trilogy and is due out on May 6th!! You gotta read it!!
And Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyers is coming out on August 2nd! This is the 4th in the Twilight series - There is Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and now Breaking Dawn. Now I know that typically you would think that this is a teenage/young adult series. It really is not though. The characters are younger - but I think that the series are suitable for ALL ages to read. I let my 12 year old read them, as well as my 14 and 17 year olds. AND ME - but I'm not gonna tell you hold old I am! LOL
Currently, I am reading The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston - I just started it, but it seems like it will be ok. It is about a Pride of gorgeous shapeshifting lions and about all I know so far is that the "mane" character is a retired Navy Seal and has to shave his head everyday otherwise his mane grows back LOL!! and he is hot for the female detective that is investigating a murder at his sister's house. If I like this one, the next in the series is
This one is dependant on if I like the first one enough to read it. It is different in the fact that it is a Pride of lions - typically, in these types of stories, it is wolves as the shifters.
So if you know me - even semi-well - you know that I am not a big fan of Martha's - not that I don't like what she does or what she makes - it's just that I don't have a lot of time or patience for the projects she does. A lot of her projects and recipes are older-fashioned IMHO and there are just not enough hours in the day -(that is one reason why I don't do flower arranging anymore - not cost effective enough for the time that it takes) BUT when I saw her new COOKIE Book, I was in heaven!!! I had to have this book - it has some of the yummiest cookies ever!!! So as I try new recipes, I will let you know how they are. Oh and although I never watch her show, I did happen to catch a glimpse of it on TV last night AND she was making CUPCAKES - so i watched my first Martha episode last night and then went to her website this morning to find the recipe for these coconut cupcakes she was making and am going to try them this weekend!! cupcakes and coconut - what could be better??!! And she has this video slide show of all her favorite cupcakes and cupcake shops! I am slowly changing my mind about watching Martha - at least for her cupcake week!! Cupcakes and cookies are the one thing that I will spend more than 30 minutes in kitchen for!!!http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3e37788aa306c4df62fc95103373a0a0/?vgnextoid=d5a9080aae2e8110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default
Ok, so I am off to do some spring cleaning. My littlest DD has grown soooo much over the past year that I HAVE to go through her clothes and get rid of. Plus - and I know I am not the only Mom who does this - BUT I still have all my kids toys so we are having a HUGE garage sale this spring - everything is going - none of the girls play with barbies anymore, the boys don't play with any toys so all theirs can go - it will be HUGE!!! Do you all watch the show "CLEAN HOUSE" on the Style network - OMG this is my new favorite show - I LOVE IT!! http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/cleanhouse/index.jsp If you have not watched this show, please try to catch an episode - they have some really good tips and budget-wise design style!! I love the newer cast - the designer is awesome! So I am doing a "CLEAN HOUSE" on my house - now granted my house does not look anything like the ones on the show (well, except maybe for my office and Al's closet, and the sunroom LOL) but I am taking a lot from the organizer and putting it to use in my home! Maybe I'll post some before and after photos! and maybe not LMAO!! They also have a cool yard sale kit on the site we can download for tips to making some $$$.
Ok, last but not least, since you have read this entire post LOL! I am giving away a RAK. It is almost a year since I have had my blog, and you all have been sharing my stressed and not so stressful times with me, so I am going to thank you by offering a RAK - just leave me a comment and on the 15th - Allie will pick a winner. And don't forget to tell me what kind of candy (that would fit into a bottle) you like just in case you are on the "list" to get one.







14 comments:
Holy Cow was that ever a long post!! Ok, to do a link with just a word. Type the word you want, highlight it, then click the little link button and enter the HTML code.
You know me...I'm a sucker for anything chocolate. =)
I've gotten hooked on audio books latley...I can't get enough!!
Holy Cow is right...I thought it would never end...hahaha. Just teasing. You obviously had a lot to tell this time.
The dress, gorgeous! The pages, awesome!. The stmaps, love them, have to have them too!!!!
CUTTLEBUG, you are singing my tune...isn't that the most awesome little machine? I adore it!
Heehee...that is a long post...but what can you do if you have a lot to share???? Heehee
LOVE your latest LO's! And the bottles and new stamps rock!!!
SO you can use quickut dies in the cuttlebug??? Hmmmm I think I need a new toy LOL
Dang you been busy girl! Love the dress, very cinderalla! The layouts are very cool and interesting reading.
Wowzer ... Now that was a post... LOL
You know I love the book review, and I am waiting for the next Nora book to come out. It's going to be a good one. Love that first one. Oh and girl you rocked the stamp shopping. I love the one with the owl in it. I may have to look through Mom's books and find this one. But you sound like me, it mainly stamps, book, and tool for me and throw in organizing product. But I have scaled back on overdoing the paper buying, and as I type that I have fancy pants on it's way here. LOL Now did you get the butterfly die for your cuttlebug? It's a must have. I just got the Distressed Stripe (emboss) die to us. It will make things look like cardboard insides, it will be cute on items. Now I just need to get busy and create something. I do enjoy your new layouts, very eye catching ones. And the prom dress is beautiful, that color is so pretty. She is going to be a princess in it. Take lots of pictures, like I had to say that. LOL
Love your layouts! I hope to get a bunch done at a crop tomorrow night.
love the dress. prom was such a fun time.
i want those stamps...have fun playing with those.
~laura
Thanks a lot for passing by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment!!!
I was checking your, saw this bird stamp box and fell in love...
where could i find it !?!?? perfect!!! completely perfect...
see you around, will always pass by!!!
Gorgeous dress for the prom ... my daughter went last year and I know all about those prices ... they can floor yah for sure. Make sure you get lots and lots of pictures and scrap them of course.
Awesome pages, great book reviews and those stamps are yummy ... I think I might actually have the set with the owl (DD's college mascot) but as is typical of most crafters I have so much stuff I can't even remember now ... I guess I'll have to dig through it all and check.
Have a great day Lori!
Tania
What a cute dress! LOL - those look like my prom dresses - very 80s, but pretty! Love, love, love the bottles! If only I drank frappucinos I could make some! :) Those are adorable. You'll have to let me know how the lion books are - I'm going to need new reads pretty soon!
Great Post! I love, love love the dress! How lovely.!'Wish I were mored dedicated to posting on my blog. Keep posting and I will keep reading....
Those stamps are adorable! And what a fun bunch of pages you made!
Love the dress
Love the layouts your cranking out
Very cool shopping trip and a rak all in one day!!
Now you can use those stamps and create some cards....um there is a new card swap posted. lol
love her dress ! the cupcake stamps are awesome! and love what you did to the prima flowers!
Post a Comment