one of the changes i made was the amount of lemon zest - i could not find my zester, and my hands were not working well enough to cut it into small enough pieces.


you can see i couldn't the lemon zest very small, lol - but dh said it did not matter.
these come out to be pretty big cookies so i only put 6 on at a time. i used the big scoop from pampered chef and it makes the perfect size cookie - about 3 1/2 inches - YUM
and here is the final product - lol - they are almost gone - only made about 18 cookies, but that is ok. i like them because they are very fresh tasting with the blueberries and lemon. the only tip that i have is to use frozen blueberries - which i did - but i think using them less thawed out would be better. when folding them in mostly thawed, your batter will turn purple and that looks kinda funny. so i put mine in still half frozen. the batter has to sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes before baking, so they even if they do not completely thaw - your still sticking them in a hot oven. so here is the recipe the way i made it - like i said - not a huge change - only the extract, milk, and the addition of lemon juice. i also used a large scoop so i baked mine for exactly 15 minutes.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg york
1/4 milk
1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
1 cup frozen blueberries, just slighlty thawed and drained
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer. Add egg and beat to incorporate. Add milk, almond extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the almonds, then the blueberries. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. When to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Dollop mix onto cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
8 comments:
They do look and sound yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
Wow, I would never have thought of using frozen blueberries in cookies. That's a fantastic idea that I'll have to try!!!!
Yum! Those look tasty, I love toasted almonds.
Now these look really yummy, and now have me wanting homemade cookies.
Ok now I want some,thanks. lol
I have this other blueberry lemon recipe (kind of like a cake thingy) I think you'll like. Now I just have to remember what cookbook it's in. I haven't made it in years, but it's really good eaten fresh.
Hey e-mail me the recipe so I can print it out ok? thanks
P.S. You need to update this thing. lol
These cookies look SOOOOO yummy! I doubt my kids would eat them (they are afraid of nuts -- eek! LOL), but I would love to try them sometime!
mmmmmm those cookies sound fantastic!!!
Post a Comment