Happy Birthday Miss Allie Anne-Marie!!!!!!!
Mama loves you brat girl!!!
Allie had her friend Maggie sleep over and tonight we are having a BBQ . Nothing fancy. I had told the kids that they could not have birthday parties this year. We have them every year, and with as many kids as we have!!!??? They can skip a year LOL!!


This was the first challenge that I was able to get done on National Scrapbook Day!! The first challenge was to do a page about WHY I scrapbook. Here it is. I used the kids school pics from this year. I forgot what Sarah looked like with blond hair LOL!!
The altered D was for a Junkitz contest, but I made it too small. Requirements were 8 inches or larger and mine measured 7 1/2 inches. I would have fixed it by adding some black matting, but the other entries were soooo awesome and I had to get to baseball games on Friday night, so oh well.

So Friday was such a blast at work (totally being sarcastic) LOL!! My BIGGEST pet peeve is shop lifting!!! I work in a bookstore so obviously we don't mind if customers make themselves comfortable and read. We love when customers BUY books, but don't mind at all if you sit down and read. We have a huge Manga/Anime section, and have kids come in all the time and camp out on the floor and read. Ok, that's great and it actually helps me when we get a talkative bunch in. I know nothing about the Manga section and they will tell you about whatever series they are reading and I file that info away, because if Mary or Jill is not working, yeah well then I am screwed when it comes to recommending Manga titles. I get that the books are $8-$12 a piece and most kids can't afford that. That is why we WANT them to come in and settle in for reading. BUT Friday afternoon, I had 2 girls come in. They were probably about 13 years old and were acting very suspiciously. One had a backpack with her and anyone who works retail knows that is a HUGE sign. So anyway, they were there for about 20 minutes and I asked them several times of they needed any help. Of course, no, they did not. So then they were leaving and I followed them to the door and asked them again if they needed any help and they got really nervous. I asked them if they were forgetting anything and the were like "no" and I said "are you sure" and the one was like "ummm, no," but looked really guilty. I said "I think you are forgetting to do something" and then I walked to the registers. They dropped the books that they were going to steal and left. OK! I was pissed. Then, a bit later, they came back!!!! I was on them so fast!!! I did not move from about 3 feet from them the entire time they were there. The one girl came up with 2 books and bought them, and the other girl was complaining she wanted a different one. I know they came back to pick up the ones that they dropped in the front of the store, but M had already gotten them. One that they bought was one that they dropped. After they paid this time, they came back again - I know they were waiting for me to leave. The one girl bought another book and they left and about 2 minutes before I left, they were back again!! But M and J were already onto them too!!!! I guess they bought another book after I left and then they were gone. In one of their visits, I had to tell the one girl she needed to keep her backpack closed and on her back, because I know she did not want to look suspicious LOL!!!
Sarah and her friend Meghan went to a Quinceanera for their friend Elizabeth. My Sarah is the one in green!
It was also my birthday last Monday. Dave got a brownie from the gas station and had the kids sing happy birthday before school. I didn't even get to eat it because the dog got it LOL!!!

The coach from the team that Allie was playing, brought her a cute little gift bag full of candy. His daughter drew a get well card for Al. It was too cute, she put Allie on the front pitching!


2 comments:
awww bummer!!! I love your "D"! :(
I've worked retail before and I feel your iritation with shoplifters. Those girls should know they're messin with the wrong place - glad to know everyone there is aware of their little tricks!
btw - your kids are gorgeous!
mom, maggie is so cute. you should take the picture of me and meghan off tho, i look so ugly in it!!!! i love you! :-*
Post a Comment