OMG!! What a day! 4 of my 5 play ball - 2 play baseball and 2 play softball. So anyway, today was opening day and we had 4 games. Thankfully TJ's team played J's team. But Allie's team played at the same time as the boys :( So I had to run between fields. This is after we had 4 sets of pics early this morning and just never left the fields so I could keep my parking space LOL!!! There are over 500 kids that play for our Little League so parking in the lot is a premium!! So after spending $84 for LL pics, the games started. J hit an awesome ball that landed just in front of the fence and then scored a run in on the next hit!! TJ's team played J's, but TJ could not pitch today. J popped TJ's jaw last night so TJ's coach was afraid that TJ would take the opportunity of pitching today to aim straight at J's head LOL!!! I "hope" that he was just teasing and saving TJ for pitching in Monday's game; and TJ ended up in center field today. So then after J's awesome hit, I ran back up to watch Allie pitching. She is an awesome pitcher, but today her game was off. She walked the first 3 batters and then the next batter hit - line drive - straight into Allie's HEAD!! First game of the season :( My poor baby. We spent the next 3 hours at urgent care, but she was such a trooper! Several people told me that the Mom of the girl that hit the ball was very upset. I was grateful for her concern, but hey - it's ball!! Not that I want my kids hurt, but you all see the BRUISER layout below LOL!!!! Sarah broke her foot during basketball practice, bruised a rib during a game, and broke 4 fingers just before volleyball season! Anyway. . . Allie has a mild concussion and will have one heck of a shiner in a day or two!! It hit her so hard that she has seam imprints on her head! I have to wake her up every hour for the first few hours and then every 2 hours for the night! Allie can't play ball for the next week and has to be out of gym class and NO trampoline! Then after next Saturday, she can play ball, but only in outfield so there in little to no chance that she will reinjure her head. Because we left the fields to take Allie to the dr., I missed Sarah's game, but Mandi was there and took a bunch of pics. So at the end of baseball today - J's team won over TJ's team. Allie's team did not win :( but Sarah's team did! There is a new slide show at the bottom with pics from today's games.
My friend Linda is awesome!! She gave me this yummy box of chocolates yesterday!!!
Aren't the kids just tooooo funny!! This is what Mandi and Jake wrote all over DH's windows!! And of course Jake had to write on Mandi's!! LOL



Also, earlier this week, my inlaws took me out for my birthday (which is on this coming Monday!!!) We went a Mexican restaurant which was pretty yummy!! Chicken Flautas and Guacamole!!



And I just have to say Patty - YOU ROCK!!!! and I am still thinking you should hire that guy that I emailed you about LOL!!!!!!! That would definitely get my butt to work every day LOL!!!!!!!!
5 comments:
Love her heart!! I know that had to hurt!! Made for a great page! Brett just started soccer, so far no injuries here! Gotta love those sporty kiddos!
I completely understand how hard it is trying to see all the kids games and practices. At one point I had all 5 boys in baseball at the same time. We never had dinner at home during bb season. It's fun, yet stressful.
She really did get a big shiner on her noggin...poor girl! and bad enough to leave the seam print. ouch!
Mexican food is my favorite. I hope you have a very happy birthday tomorrow!
I haven't put you on my blog list yet because I didn't know your first name. I'm guessing from the car window that it's Lori. :o)
poor baby !
happy early birthday - chocolate and mexican what a treat !
ouch!! Poor baby.
I have four kids in sports so I am no strnager to injuries. I guess you have to expect it...but ouch!!
~Laura
i am glade that never happened to me! knock on wood...
Post a Comment