Mandi and I went to the scrapbook convention today and honestly, we were a little disappointed! It was sooo much smaller than normal. They probably were short about 15-20 vendors. Maybe it was just because it fell during spring break. I don't know, but it was a bit boring. Only 1 vendor had any of the new items. Also, there were only 7 vendors offering make-n-takes. And they were charging for them. I don't mind the $1 or $2 charges, but one vendor was charging $10. Why not just take a class then! M did make some cute $1 things though. One is a 6x6 page and the other is a cute gift card holder.


Also got some other chipboard words, rub-ons, quicklets (eyelets you set with a pen), and some cute shaped brads, and pretty papers.


And this was the best purchase of the day LOL! For those of you who have not seen a page with my DH on it, check out my scraps & stuff blog LOL!!! This fits him perfectly!

I did take some pics when I got home this afternoon!!


I did buy a few things including this really cool self-inking alphabet stamp set. I got the uppercase one and they are sending me the lowercase for free!! The show special was buy the upper get the lower, but they ran out of the lower so I am expecting it some time next week. They also had the same set that was not self-inking so I am ordering that one so we can use different color inks.
I did not buy any of the new stuff from the 1 vendor that had it. But when I got home and checked the message boards, I was sooo glad to see the stuff that I did not buy at the convention, Shannon uploaded to www.cropperscottage.com. So I will placing an order there shortly!
I did get some old school stickers, that I did not need but the were 50% off. I can still use them I guess. I thought they were cute. I also found the Cinci Bengals stickers. I have been looking for those for awhile for J's football pics.
I also got some really cool chipboard. I am going to use the oval frame for a swap that I am in, and I love the 12x12 sheet of arrows. It is from www.creekbankcreations.com They also had these really neat circle shapes that they altered to look just like a scrapbook page and then attached them together with ribbon to make a wall hanging. SO COOL! They also had tons of letters in all different sizes.
There was one vendor that was selling mesh for only .49 a package and metal corners and brads for $1 each.
Also got some other chipboard words, rub-ons, quicklets (eyelets you set with a pen), and some cute shaped brads, and pretty papers.


And this was the best purchase of the day LOL! For those of you who have not seen a page with my DH on it, check out my scraps & stuff blog LOL!!! This fits him perfectly!

I did take some pics when I got home this afternoon!!
And here are a few of my new favorite pics of 2 of my boys!










3 comments:
It looks like you still found some pretty fun things even though it was smaller and a bit boring. Mine in coming up this next weekend. I usually take classes, but I've decided to just do the vender fair this time.
looks like you had a great time - lots of fun stuff ! cant wait to see what you create!
As above give a nice scrap. This is really fantastic and amazing work.I got a lot of fun to saw him.
Midwest Scrapbook
Post a Comment